YEP! It's a STORM! But you know... we've been due on around here! Things have been going so swimmingly that we knew it could not all be happy, happy, joy, joy!
We found out last night, almost PRECISELY the time that I was leaving out the doors of the West Clinic for the last time... We were told that the fella buying our house had lost his job, and therefore negating our contract to close on the 31st. We were shocked... we both sat in disbelief! We were only a week and a half away from Closing. We've had a contract with them since the end of November!!
BUT... GOD IS BIGGER... GOD IS GREATER... GOD'S GOT THIS! AND GOD WANTS TO SHOW OUT A LITTLE BIT!! So... We will STAY THE COURSE... We are NOT going to let Satan get his foothold in here!! We are NOT going to be Shaken!!
As many of you probably got the email regarding this situation from Chris - this is his favorite passage:
Romans 8:31-34 - What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is FOR us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? NO ONE!! - For God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? NO ONE! - For Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us and he is sitting the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us!!!
Read the following 5 verses and get even MORE insight into how awesome God's love for us is!!
Please join with us in the Trenches of Prayer over this matter. Please also pray that the VISA's come in this week. Please also pray for this family, as they are very distraught right now.
2 comments:
As I was reading your post the song playing in the background was one by Pedro the Lion (a favorite band of mine) and the words say "If I look up and the sky's not there, is there any reason that I should be scared, 'cause a promise, is a promise I know." Here I've been stressing about car problems, something so small in the eyes of our gracious God. I'll continue to pray for you through this. Oh and this is my new blog address. =) Sarah
Hey! I finally got internet connection again! I'll make it a point to check on your blog daily since I am now or should now be online. sigh. I kinda enjoyed not having to see the world wide web and my house is cleaner/emptier and the donation center is fuller because of it.
The house deal will work itself out. You are in God's hands so look at this as an adventure... what was that Navy slogan awhile back, This is not a journey, it's an adventure.(?) or was it be all you can be... :) Will pray for you all!
David C. former IT guy
Post a Comment