~DRY SEASON~
About 3 weeks ago, we had a short little shower that didn't do much off anything... and it was the FIRST RAIN in over 100 days!! Such is life, here in MIDDLE Brasil! We have 2 main s
Last week, we got some BIG WIND GUSTS that brought a few sprinkles. I think all the rain evaporated on the way down... The wind was gusting like crazy, blew EVERYTHING HARD... but only a few sprinkles.
~FIRST RAIN~
WELL... that was until Wednesday!!!! OUR FIRST BIG FULL OUT POURING RAIN! Around here, when rainy season starts, the rain is HEAVY and FAST... and always causes Flooding of the streets making them impassable... I have attached a pic from last year to show how bad it can get... The good thing is that it passes quickly. This is a MAJOR Road... and it was impassable!
Wednesday we got a GREAT RAIN! BUT... it was also our first rain in the new building... Unfortunately.. you just NEVER QUITE KNOW what will happen. AND SO.. we had some issues! Amanda's (Caleb's Kindergarten teacher) room flooded!!! But really... all in all.. .compared with the leaking and flooding that happened in the OLD PLACE... we 'weathered' the storm just fine! It is SO INCREDIBLY NICE to have covered walkways between the buildings. So many times we had to RUN through the mud to get to the other building. BIG BLESSINGS HERE!!
~SCIENCE LAB!~
My Science Lab is coming right along... they started on my Lab tables about 2 weeks ago. So everyday, I have 2 additional students... They aren't too loud with the Mortaring... I can't WAIT until it's finished!!! I will have 4 tables built up on Concrete and Tiled... and my Teacher Demo Lab Table at the front... YEAH! Then the other side of the room is what I use for Instruction time.
~NEW LOOK~
Chris and I both have a NEW LOOK! Chris has shaved off his Goatee except for the chin part... and he has grown his side burns down. It looks so great! He looks very "Trendy!" ... I'm thinking he fits the part for a YOUTH MINISTER!!! :)
I went for the first time to get my hair highlighted here. It's cheaper than doing it in the US... and the Gray was getting BAD! So... I busted out there... using all the Portuguses I could get together... and I did really good!!! WE DID HAVE A PRETTY BIG "COLOR" issue (with the language)... and my hair is lighter than I would have chosen... but it's cute! So all is well!! Here are a few pics..
THANKS SO MUCH for reading this... and keeping up with us! I will try to post more often about things that are happening around here!
Much Love,
Beverly
1 comment:
Luvin' the new hair style! Mixing it up is always fun. Mine's in some pretty serious need as well! And, as always, great to see pictures of Caleb!
Post a Comment