Sunday, March 29, 2009

MARCH MADNESS!

Ok... well... around here... March means much more than Basketball! In fact, I don't even know who is playing in March Madness... well... I know Memphis is/was in there somewhere. That's all I know. I am thankful that we aren't inundated with news and the economy here. We feel it, believe me, but because we can chose what news we read (ie, MSN or Yahoo News)... our lives aren't immersed in it. For this, I am thankful!

MARCH MADNESS around here means Reading Month! :) It's a fun time of celebrating reading. We spend our Fridays dressing up as whatever goofy theme, and reading Dr. Seuss books. Then we also have DEAR (Drop everything and Read!) What a great thing to have in a day! Drop everything and read for 15 minutes! Teachers included!!! I think I should write this into my lesson plans! :) :) The last day of reading month is always an adventure. The idea was to "TONE DOWN" the event this year, but it still ended up to be some great craziness! We got SOAP SOCCER! Which is a huge Blow Up Soccer Field, covered in soap! So you "slip and slide" all over the thing! :) It's so much fun! Then we over course, covered everyone in water and had a huge water fight! :) Mr. Bose dressed as the Cat in the Hat, Chris and Daniel were Thing One and Thing Two! IT was a great day! and a Great month!

BUT... I HAVE to share this... One of my precious ones... (you know they all are! ... but this one especially!!) told me that God has shown him so much through Reading month! The Lord used Reading Month (and triple points for Bible books read!! :) ) to get him BACK IN THE WORD!! He was able to couple his Bible reading with other Christian fiction books to really get excited about the WORD again! ...I almost jumped out of my skin! God is SO GOOD!! Please pray for this fella... I so desire to see him in the WORD like he was last spring, when God ROCKED his heart!!

No comments: