We arrived back in Brasilia on July 29th. Ready to start our new year. We spent a few days relaxing and trying to refresh. We were a bit too busy over the summer time to really be able to just Chill. So it was very nice to have several days of Family Time, and getting back to routines. We started inservices on August 4th and they comprised of meetings in the mornings and lots of time to work in our rooms in the afternoon. That was nice.
Every year I teach different subjects. I was excited to find out that 4 of my subjects are ones that I have taught before!! YEAH!! This Fall semester I am teaching: Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, Algebra I, Geometry, Drama, and American Literature. The Literature is a bit of a stretch, but I'm really enjoying it!!
Chris headed straight into all his Finance work... in fact, he never quite STOPPED that during the summer. Every day during the summer, he would log on to the Brasilian bank, pay bills, reconcile accounts... all of that!! So, he didn't really get any kind of break!
Caleb started the FIRST GRADE!!! That's so awesome!! :) He's with the same 3 other boys from last year, just missing his sweet Zambian girl friend! His teacher is amazing, so I'm sure he will have a good year! :)
We lost some really great students last year... and we were really afraid that the lose of those key people would be the focus of the Jr & Sr high. And it was for a few days... BUT... PRAISE THE LORD! We have 5 new students in the Jr & Sr High!! So, our actual student totals are up to 31 for the 7-12th grade! YEAH!! And, we hear that we may have a few more! We are very excited about any new opportunity to share Christ with our international students! They are just so amazing... so many countries, cultures, beliefs and experiences... all centered right here in Brasilia! Amazing!!
Please keep praying for us and all we do here!! I'll be posting some SMASH updates very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment