Wednesday, November 07, 2012

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month

Last Sunday was "Orphan Sunday."  So I made this banner for my Facebook page.  I originally had "147 Million *MINUS TWO*" written on it... but it just didn't "feel" right...  

Chris came home and saw it and it didn't sit well with him either...  So I started thinking about the Verse I put on it...  ABSOLUTELY!!  We should be "CELEBRATING SONSHIP" during this month and not focusing on what they 'were'!


I very frequently feel an Angry Outburst welling up in regards to the 'popular opinion' on adoption in the world today.  It irritates me SO VERY MUCH when well-meaning people speak about adoption without really understanding it.  ...but alas... I will not VENT OUT right here... not right now...

Our Boys are OUR BOYS!  They have a History that doesn't include us.  They have a story that has Great Pain.  They have learned to Love and Trust beyond what others can comprehend.  We discuss their stories frequently and work together to help them heal.  There is no part that can be simply pushed away for a discussion another day or when they are older.  It is OUR life!

Adoption is NOT EASY...  Adoption is Hard!  There are Multiple Layers of Pain involved with EVERY Adoption, and MOST Importantly: Adoption is NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU!!   

1 comment:

Transient Drifter said...

Beautiful post Beverly! And so true. Obviously, I have very strong feelings about adoption as well. I think so many people have an almost flippant attitude about it, and that really bothers me. In truth, one of the things that bothers me the most is when people talk about adoption being our duty, and how if you're a good Christian you should adopt. I am so thankful that your family knows that when you adopt, you're not just "helping an orphan," you're gaining a child that was always meant to be a part of your family. Not just one more good deed. Much love and respect for that!