Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Because He Lives

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!


We sang this song today at Bible study...  as the pianist pounded away at the notes of the intro before we started singing... I smiled... remembering sitting with Momma on the piano bench as she'd play this song.  We'd sing it together... always having to slow down for a second on the difficult chords.  She's a perfectionist... so it had to be right... even if we had to sing the same word a few more times!  I, on the other hand, being NOT THE PERFECTIONIST would have just left that chord out and carried on with the right hand alone! :)  It made me laugh a little as I remembered playing with her and singing... I don't sing well, but Mom didn't care... she didn't sing well... but I didn't care!  We'd just sing awful and play... she'd always accuse me of picking all the songs with 4 flats!!


So... I was smiling...  then as we continued to sing the song... I remembered that we sang this one at her funeral.  little tear.  So I "sat out" a verse... trying to think of the GLORY of knowing her reality, and my future with Jesus. 


Until we got to this verse......


And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.


Ugh... 


bigger tear...  had to sit out this verse completely and the chorus after... thankful we always pray next so I can wipe the corners of my eyes with my shirt...


I have a big problem with the word "AND" in that last phrase of that verse...  Because I know my Momma *KNEW* He lives BEFORE she saw the Lights of Glory.  She didn't need the AND... 


...


Reflecting on this today made me remember that I haven't blogged about this past month...  So... this may be a little long... but hey... you're sort of a captive audience if you're still reading! :D


I always start getting a bit... reflective... right after Valentine's day.  This year was harder.....  My sweet Daddy was scheduled for Prostate Cancer Surgery on February 22nd..........  really, Lord!!  Really??!?!  Why of ALL 365 days in a year must he have to have surgery for CANCER of all things ON THAT DAY??????  


UGH........  A Punch in the Gut


February 22nd is the anniversary of my diagnosis of cancer 14 years ago.....  it has always been a day met with a little sadness and a lot of thankfulness... but it's still a tough day.


NOW DAD...  Not only is he having surgery for CANCER on the same day that I was diagnosed with CANCER but also only 4 days before my Mom died of CANCER!!


I didn't tell Daddy about the significance of that date until AFTER his surgery... but I prayed to the Lord... "PLEASE LORD, NOTHING BAD CAN HAPPEN TODAY....... PLEASE!!!"


And in TRUE FORM of my Loving Jesus........ nothing bad did happen.  In fact, he breezed through his surgery and recovery in an AMAZING way!  #relief

I am So Thankful for a Lord and Savior who KNOWS MY HEART, CARES for my worries, and HEARS my prayers!  He Lives......


Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

No comments: