
Yesterday our little Sampson went to live with his new Family. It was a very sad day for Chris and I, as Sampson and Della have been with us for 9 years. Della went to her new Mommy this past Thursday, and is doing very well!! Cats are very independent, and we really had no doubt that Della would settle in well. Sampson is so much more emotional. He is a precious little one, and helped me get through all the days of chemo. He was my little buddy through the whole thing. Chris and I had many tears on Sunday. The hardest part was explaining to Caleb that he had to say "GoodBye" to Sampson. He understands as much as a 3 year old can.
Sampson now lives with a Great Family that we had not met before. They have a little Silky Terrier and a 2 year old little girl. We brought the dogs together, and they were fine. I got an email from her that said he was doing very well, that he slept with her last night, and spent most of the day sleeping at her feet while she studied. He's the best foot warmer! We are so blessed that God brought this family to us, in HIS perfect timing. We are so Glad he will be happy and taken care of, even though there is a little empty spot in our lives. We will miss him Greatly, but we are at Peace knowing where he is, and that he is happy. We love you, Sampson.
With a heavy heart...
1 comment:
I am reading your blog about Sampson with tears! I understand your pain and will be praying for you.
Look forward to seeing you and Caleb on Thursday.
love you,
Robin
Post a Comment