Monday, December 28, 2009

Ramblings...

It's so hard to say Goodbye... But I think that Chris and I have gotten relatively accustomed to it. I was doing so good, UNTIL... at the airport, Marie gave me a Scrapbook that she and others had made! Each page was an Awesome Note and pictures and memories... So Precious to me!! Caleb even got one from Kaylee, with all of their pictures together in it. He combed through each page as if he was scanning each square millimeter for reprinting. We left a place we cherish and a place that has DEFINED us for the past 3 years. 3 years... seems like a small number. 1095 days... minus the summers... I am NOT going to actually calculate every day... but that does seem to make it seem a bit more significant. We feel as if to so many people, we were gone but a blink... a short whisper. And I guess it would.
But I feel like I could re-live each day, in full color, Like the first girls' sleepover. I was nervous, I asked Laura to stay with me, because I didn't know the girls SUPER well, as we'd only been in Brasilia for 6 weeks. I had planned every hour, with back up plans too.... But it totally didn't matter... we laughed, talked, goofed off, played a couple of games, watched a movie, then when it was about bed time... we SWAM in our clothes at 2 AM!! The neighbors even referenced the late Hour the next Sunday at church!! LOL!! But... what I hadn't prepared for... was the morning! I just KNEW the girls would sleep in!! Right?!?! NOPE... they were up at 7am (after sleeping only 3 hours) and wondering what the day had in store!! We ended up at the Amusement park for a few hours of fun... before all of us folded in dehydration at 4pm!! I still remember that MASSIVE headache from no sleep, little fluids, and being spun in every rotational direction possible!!! Ahh... sweet memories! I remember Chris's first guys sleepover too! So many memories... so many kids. I wish there was a way to actually COUNT the number of kids who have been in our house! Or... even more so... RIDDEN in our CAR!! *We've always packed them in at least 2 deep in the back seat with Caleb on top! Often having at least one on the armrest in the front, or (if a girl) on my lap! *I'm secretly hoping whoever is thinking of buying our car isn't reading this post!!!* My sweet Pandu named our car "The Ghetto Mobile!" *In a GOOD Way!* I still remember how to get to EACH and EVERY kid's house! I can even quote most of their cell numbers, even though they were all programmed in my phone. Most would call collect, as they NEVER had credits! ... so many memories... I'll miss their hugs. and smiles. and laughter. I know that the Lord has AWESOME plans for each of them... I know HE loves them even more than Chris or I do! That is Incredibly Reassuring!!

My prayer for them is... ick... so many of them. How do I narrow my prayers, hopes, and greatest desires for their lives?? TO BE FULLY DEVOTED TO HIM! ... AND ... each of them has such a special place in my heart... each of them has unique gifts, and unique promise, and unique beauty.

I guess if I had to BLANKET statement all of them, I'd put them under the blankets of the Key Verses we used for the past 3 retreats... that would be a Start, I guess.

Ephesians 6: 10 - 14 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to Stand Your Ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Hebrews 4: 14 - 16 - Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, Let Us Hold Firmly (to The ROCK) to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

Proverbs 4: 20 - 27 - Above all else, Guard Your Heart (Bulletproof), for it is the wellspring of life.


No comments: