Tuesday, January 19, 2010

His Grace is MORE than Enough!

***Author's Note: .... OK, FOR REAL...... This is ridiculous!! I sat down on this night (1/18) to Back-date some details since we've been home....... the Previous TWO NOTES came from Tears pouring down my face as I tried to just write BORING Details!! The First, titled "Ramblings..." came after the FIRST paragraph (below), and the Second "Hair reflections" came after the SECOND paragraph (below)... I've had to cut and paste them here, as they COMPLETELY don't fit with the rest of the post.... I'm over here a big ball of snot & tears, and Chris asking every 5 minutes "you ok?" "Have I don't something wrong?" "who are you talking to?" LOL!! He probably figures I'm watching Hallmark videos or something!! :) ........SO.......... I will try to gather myself to FINISH this ONE post that I sat down to write about 2 hours ago!!! Not sure where this emotion comes from, but truthfully probably just been pent up inside, and writing is a great way to release it! I hope that you will read through these knowing that the deep recesses of my heart are processing the past 3 years, being home, transition, and I thank you for reading these. They are HONEST... may not be pretty, and will probably Ramble... but Honest, real, personal. SO... BACK to the DETAIL-Y stuff! :)

-------------------------------------------------

Ok..... We're FREEZING!! FOR REAL!! We landed on December 26th, back in the States, and it's COLD... Really COLD! We landed with our only Long Sleeve shirts on, and I still had Flip Flops on! :D Chris says we look like the Accidental Tourist! :) It was good and sweet to see Mom, Dad, and Charlie and Brooklyn at the airport! But, we were tired..... physically tired, but more Emotionally Exhausted...

The next morning, we woke up very late! We woke up late EVERY morning in fact! Brooklyn and Caleb were outside playing and riding bikes... in SUB-Freezing Temperatures. As I wrap up in borrowed clothes, I peer outside at my darling child... dressed in Razorback Overalls for girls, and a Christmas sweater covered in Bows!! Dear Heaven!! Please, please just don't take pictures, was about all I could get out between the loud pounds of laughter! He was WARM, He was having Fun! And then to my dearest Husband..."Baby... we GOTTA get to WALMART!!" And to Walmart we went... and stocked up on all those things we haven't had to wear... like COATS, SWEAT PANTS, Long sleeves, SOCKS!!, SweatShirts, Mittens, HATS! I even wore my Mom's house shoes to Walmart, as I only had sandals to my name!! **Btw... that's what happens when you live in a (somewhat) tropical region! You wear SANDALS and Capri's every day! I don't even OWN closed toe shoes, other than Tennis Shoes!! Thankfully, things are SOOOOOO much cheaper here! Thank heavens!!

We stayed the first week with Mom and Dad, and Brooklyn. Caleb and "Brook" had a great time playing together, riding bikes, and playing with toys. We withheld the Wii until they were about at wits end with the other stuff. It was SO cold that we FEARED that Caleb would get SOOO sick. We feared that we would ALL get sick... But as a Faithful Father who answers Prayers, the Lord allowed us to be free from illness! Thank you!!!

AND.... on January 3rd, we got to MOVE IN to our New Apartment!!! What a HUGE Answer to Prayer!! We have been approved by Mid-America Baptist Seminary (where Chris will attend full time in August) to stay in a Missionary Apartment until June! IT'S COMPLETELY FURNISHED!!! COMPLETELY!!! We *LITERALLY* had to only put in Groceries!!! No towels, No pans, No Sheets... *IT WAS ALL HERE!!* What a HUGE Relief!! And a HUGE Answer to Prayer!!

We stayed very busy that first week, with all sorts of things. Unfortunately, we also got news that my Dad's sister died. She was an Amazing lady! Always laughing, Always telling jokes! She and my uncle would go on mission trips to Belize and travel all over the nation in their Airstream. She will be So missed... BUT, she is Dancing as never before now... In Heaven, with Her Saviour!! .:Amazing Grace:. Grace that provides us a FUTURE and a HOPE.

This past week was Very Eventful... I had an Interview (which was really quick & easy!) and accepted a Job at the West Clinic as a Research Nurse! ...back up... I had contacted my boss back in December and she told me that she didn't have any positions available. I had RESTED in the Lord that if He wanted me to work, He would provide it! AND... I was really enjoying the REST... the REST that we haven't exactly had in the past 3 years! I entertained substituting, or staying home... all sorts of things... but never felt Pressured or Pushed or Guilted into working... certainly not by Chris, and not by MYSELF! THEN... once we were "settled" on the 5th, I got an email from my boss that said she had a position OPEN!!! Praise the LORD! I really loved that job... it was a great opportunity for building relationships with families dealing with Cancer.

This week was a great week for Caleb too... We got him enrolled at his new school. He will attend a public school for now, to conserve costs, but also to give him some NEW Experiences and a Multicultural environment. We know it may be shocking to him at first, as his LARGEST class had 5 students! Please pray for him, his teacher, and his friends! More details to come!

AND... it was an Eventful week for Chris too! He was also "RESTING" in knowing that the Lord had his employment options and plans!! He has been working for the school remotely, and taking classes online. He has spent A LOT of time getting his "office" organized! AND... this week, he got a call about a job that he had inquired about way back in December. He thought it was gone, and had almost forgotten about it. UNTIL... they called Friday!! NOW... Chris is also EMPLOYED!!! YEAH!!! God is so good!!!!

No comments: