So I conceded and left work to go get him. Once there, he was really pulling air HARD! Poor fella! I took him on to the doctor FULLY EXPECTING to get the "you over did the suppressants and need to decongest him first, push fluids, and monitor" speech. INSTEAD we got a Chest Xray, blood work, and a breathing treatment.... and ended up with the diagnoses of Pneumonia, Strep throat and ASTHMA!! Poor fella!!
So began our July and August "DANCE WITH ASTHMA MEDS."
Asthma is new for me... I mean, OF COURSE, I studied it in school and I get the basic anatomy and physiology of it... but I had no PERSONAL experience with it. THANKFULLY, I've had people come out of the woodworks with personal experience!! They taught me many "tricks of the trade"!! I'm so thankful!!!
We had to go back and forth every 2 weeks after some pretty big attacks for more steroids, changing inhalers, new drugs... etc. *NOW (September) we are on twice a day breathing treatments. And the rescue inhaler as needed.
Negash is so cute... he called it his "MyHaler" :D
Please pray for my baby's little lungs!!
No comments:
Post a Comment