Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"THE BATTLE" Retreat!

Please pray for the upcoming Retreat that we are having for our Jr high and Sr High Youth Group. We will have a lot of the kids from the school going, some of which DO NOT go to our church!! We will also have a good crew of Brazilians from our Church and some friends that they are inviting!! We are very excited about it!! Our theme is "THE BATTLE," which will specifically focus on Purity. We will have a guest speaker, a praise team, and small groups. Please pray for us, Laura, Pastor Winston, and Daniel and his wife, as we prepare and Lead the Retreat! It will be this weekend May 4th-6th at a Church Camp about 45 minutes or so from the "Bubble" of Brasilia. It will be good to get these kids out of their "Comfort" Zones and in a more Rustic (for these kids) camp. We will be having a BonFire Saturday night, and tons of "Battle" Games. It's going to be so much fun, but we pray that it will also be a Serious time of Reflection, as well. We have several "God and I" times set up, where the kids will be off by themselves to pray and reflect.

Please Pray that these kids will be Broken, and will be able to take a Stand for Christ and for Purity! Our specific prayer is that kids that don't have a personal relationship with Christ, will FIND IT, and that the kids that do know Jesus, will commit to making the NEXT STEP in their Walks! I will be posting tons of pics and news when we get back on Sunday!

Thanks for praying! Thank you for being Prayer Warriors, as we prepare these kids to Put on Their FULL Armour of God, and be able to STAND THEIR GROUND!

Much Love,
Beverly

1 comment:

Blues and Greens said...

Hey Bev & Chris,

I cannot tell you how much I envy the time God gives you to minister to students. I really MISS that aspect of my ministry in Korea. Thank you for the wonderful time we shared recently. I love y'all and look forward to meeting you at Mi Pueblo.

:)