Until... Nash got up with two big Softball sized swollen lymph nodes on each side of his head!!!!! Oh no!!! Bad ear infection!!!! He's had a cough all week but had gotten some better with cough meds. However.... This is not good!! We are due to fly tonight! Ran downstairs and told the lady housekeeper we needed to call Abel. His phone would not work as network was down. So instead, we called Birtikan, the owner of the guest house. I wasn't sure what "protocol" was for kids who are sick away from orphanage, but was sure there was one. I prepared Chris that we were about to spend all morning and afternoon at the Emergency room. BUT..... Finally got ahold of Birtikan who asked if she could just go to the pharmacy and get the meds that we needed since I knew what was wrong. I said Absolutely!!! However, as I learned in Brazil, not all generic names are the same. So she discussed with pharmacist and brought home Augmentin!!!!!! Absolutely Perfect!!! Within a few hours of his first dose, the swelling was gone and he was able to tell us that it was not as painful!!! Praise the Lord!!!
As all of you know, you can fly with just about any ailment Except Ear infections or troubles!!!!!!
Once again the Healer provided. Right on time. Exactly what we needed!!!
After all that settled down... I remembered... It's my Birthday!!! :). What an Awesome Gift from God to be able to bring my son home on my Birthday!! What a great and Mighty God we serve!!
Sent from my iPod
2 comments:
Happy Birthday and yes South American Meds are awesome!
OK scratch that. I knew you weren't in South America. I have not just started reading today. :-/
But I'll say: Foreign meds are great.
Ugh.
Post a Comment