Tuesday, February 22, 2011

12 year Reflections

12 years ago today, the world as I knew it changed.

12 years ago today, just a few small words spoken into the thin expanse of air changed the course of my life, as well as, the lives of those closest to me.

12 years ago today.

The simple words "We think it may be a tumor" were spoken into the cool damp air in Jackson, Mississippi on February 22, 1999. Those words bounced around the stark, blank white walls of the xray department at UMC. Those words spoken by the chief radiologist, as he held back tears of his own. I often wonder about his expression... perhaps he had seen this before, perhaps he knew the seriousness of my case, perhaps he had a daughter my age and thought of the days ahead for her...

12 years ago today, I called my mom and cried with her for 2 hours.

Today, I reflect on that day 12 years ago....... as I hold my mother's frail head and tell her I love her so much. Today, I tell her how I would have never made it through that incredibly tough time in my life without her by my side. Today, I tell her Thank You.

The very disease that brought us SO CLOSE together 12 years ago today is now claiming her life.

The very same disease that the Lord allowed to give me LIFE and the LIVES of my precious sons... will now Take her to be with her Savior. What a contrast. What a Sovereign God we serve.


cancer.

No comments: