Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Life in Contrast

Contrast.

My life is a great contrast right now.

My greatest joy of becoming a mother again to our son is shadowed by the impending sadness of the death of my mother. New Life:Earthly Death

My greatest happiness of a gain of a child compared to my loss.

However, I also reflect on my greatest anxiety about parenting two growing boys with the amazing comfort of knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that my precious Mother will be sitting at the Saviour's feet in deep discussion.

I have been preparing for this Contrast for over a year now. I have been fully aware that this Contrast would continue to draw to a peak. As it draws nearer, I find myself in a swirl of emotions. It's much easier to talk about Negash as that situation is happy and joyous and uplifts others. Not as easy to talk about Mom. I've managed to come up with very short, trite responses that really yield nothing as a protective mechanism.

I have fully submitted to the Lord to direct, manage, and orchestrate the climax of both of these events. I have fully surrendered and He has fully accepted! The Lord has so GRACIOUSLY given me such ROCK HARD confirmation that He has ALREADY worked it out! He gave me this Peace back in September. I know, and STAND AFFIRMED that He has a PERFECT plan in place! Not an "ok" plan, not a "good" plan, but a PERFECT, GOD-Sized plan!

Already Praising the Lord for what HE WILL DO!

So thankful that ALL will see HIS HAND and give HIM the GLORY for ALL He will do!

1 comment:

Mel said...

My sweet friend...I just checked your blog for the first time in awhile. I am so happy for you...and so sad at the same time. You are in our prayers...Praise God that He is Good. Love you and lifting you up.

Mel